Текущее время: Вт июл 17, 2018 11:54 am

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа [ Летнее время ]

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: Base Connection to Server MySQL
СообщениеДобавлено: Ср апр 25, 2018 6:56 pm 
Приезжий

HI,

After I don't know how many hours ... can't get Base on a client to connect to a MySQL database on the server (i.e. remotely). Have followed very carefully instructions on page 4 of instruction booklet . Just doesn't work. Once I figured out parsing issue in connection string generated by Base connection code, still get error "can't get host name for your address" when testing connection. Note, can get Base on client to connect to Base data file on server, can get Base to connect to MySQL database on localhost (even tested simultaneous edits using both Base and MySQL client command line at same time - no problems). Top of page 5 of above referenced instruction document says if error there may be a problem in setting of "default-character-set" in my.cnf file - but is no such file anywhere on computers (either one). Even ran the repair option in the MySQL installer package in case of possible loss somehow. Still no luck. The computers "see" each other, Base on client can navigate to to server, etc.So ... surely Base can be used as a front end in a multi user enviroment. Any suggestions?????

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/v ... hp?t=41292
Custom animation agency

Thanks!

Вернуться наверх

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа [ Летнее время ]